- 6 stainless steel HPCR™ bearings + 1 roller bearing provides increased corrosion protection
- One piece gear box design allows for more precise gear alignment for smoother operation
- Machined aluminum braid ready spool allows braid to be tied directly to the spool without any slip
- Hybrid Carbon Matrix™ drag system for super smooth reliable drag performance
- Slow oscillation provides even line lay with all types of line
- X-Cräftic™ alloy frame for increased corrosion resistance
- Duragear™ brass gear for extended gear life
- Everlast™ bail system for improved durability
- Stainless steel main shaft and components for improved corrosion resistance
The features sound lovely. They also work very well. I've been putting the reel through a broad spectrum of bass and perch through the ice, spots on Norman, smallmouth on South Holston, and a bunch of other bass in between. So far, I'm pleased to report a problem free experience. For 70 bucks it's smooth, light, and the drag is consistent. I hesitate to say any reel is great until it endures a season of smallmouth on Champlain. That said, this reel has all the qualities I look for in a great reel and in the limited sample size (which might be quite a lot of fishing for many people) the Orra S has performed admirably.
Some other nonessential features that I like include the handle grip and the look. The grip is functional and feels a lot nicer than many similarly priced reels. I've never owned a black and red reel before but I think it looks great with EVA foam.
You can buy it here.
Some fish it has caught:
|Only the smallie|